When you get a tattoo at Evolution Tattoo LLC, keep these 10 tattoo care practices in mind:
1. Leave your bandage/wrap on until told by your artist-while some artists may ask you to leave your bandage on for only an hour, others may ask you to keep it on for a whole day or longer. Your artist knows which length of time is best for you and your tattoo, so listen to their advice.
2. Wash your tattoo well after removing the bandage/wrap-wash your tattoo thoroughly (but carefully) using warm water and a fragrance-free soap to remove any excess/dried blood and plasma.
3. Pat your tattoo dry after cleaning it-use a clean paper towel to dry your tattoo by gently patting the area. Don't rub.
4. Apply a small amount of lotion-after cleaning your tattoo, ensure the area is completely dry before applying a very thin layer of your chosen aftercare product/lotion to help moisturize and nourish the area. We recommend Hustle Butter!
5. Wash your tattoo regularly-continue to use a fragrance-free soap and lukewarm water to clean your tattoo at least twice a day.
6. Repeat the cleaning process until the tattoo is fully healed-remember that your tattoo isn't completely safe from germs and bacteria until it has completely finished scabbing and peeling. Continue to wash the tattoo until this point (usually 2-4 weeks).
7. Don't pick and pull at the flaking/scabbing skin-picking away at your healing tattoo can delay healing, cause fading and increase the chances of infection.
8. Stay away from the sun-don't expose your new tattoo to intense sunlight, and don't apply any sun lotion to the area until it has fully healed.
9. Stay away from water-all bodies of water can contain nasty bacteria that which will ruin a new tattoo if you're not careful. Stick to short showers until your skin has fully healed, and don't go swimming.
10. Continue to look after your tattoo once it's healed-once healed, keep your tattoo protected from the sun and continue moisturizing the area regularly. Healthy skin means a healthy-looking tattoo.
If you have any questions, get ahold of us right away by calling 319-393-2587.